Saturday 6 October 2007

Dragons


My fascinations for dragons are enormous!
It has to be the remnants from my childhood devotion to dinosaurs. I used to collect plastic toy dinosaurs, sticker-books and pictures from National Geographics, and knew the names like Triceratops, Diplodochus, T-Rex and Iguanadon. I could tell my kinder-garden colleagues about the three time periods of the dinosaur era, the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous periods.
Then in high school I started to read the sequels "Dragonlance" and the "Pern" sequels , and my own world of colorful dragons were born.
Mythical creatures, elegant, strong, magical and soaring the sky fearless and playful.







At last the sun is shining
the clouds of blue roll by
with flames from the dragon of darkness
the sunlight blinds his eyes.
-
Battle of Evermore by Led Zeppelin




No comments: