Tuesday 27 November 2007

Textile "Prints"



Some work, also done somewhere between 2003-2004.
Inspiration has been the deck of tarot-cards by Mary Hanson-Roberts, and a local tee-store that creates print from old nostalgic tv-series and similar, check it out here: Håkki. It was quite popular for a long time here in Trondheim, everyone HAD to have a Håkki tee-shirt, and I even have one myself! But then I got tired of the whole thing and made myself a tee, with the same fonts Håkki use. Fåkkit, it says (fuck it, written in "Norwegian")




"The very basic core of a mans spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun"

-Steve McLandless (or McCandless as his name really was]

"If you want something in life; reach out and grab!"



The Hanson-Roberts cards are quite cute, the motives made by pencil drawings. I bought the deck of cards in Stavanger long time ago.


Another tee, that I don't think I have anymore has the motive of the big red dragon in the comic-tale Bones. He is one of my favorite cartoon-characters.

No comments: